What is the Appearance Requirements of LSAW Steel Pipes
LSAW steel pipes play a very important role in our lives. Do you know what requirements we have on the appearance of LSAW steel pipes? The following is a detailed introduction:
1. Basic requirements for the appearance of the welded seam of a LSAW steel pipe
Before the non-destructive testing of the LSAW steel pipe, the visual inspection of the weld shall meet the requirements.
The general requirements for the appearance of the welded seam of the longitudinal steel pipe and the surface quality of the welded joint are as follows:
The welding appearance should be well formed, and the width should be 2mm on each side covering the edge of the groove. The height of the foot of the fillet weld should meet the design requirements, and the shape should transition smoothly.
2. Welding joint surface
(1) Cracks, unfused, pores, slag inclusions, and splashes are not allowed.
(2) There shall be no undercut on the weld surface of pipes with a design temperature lower than -29 degrees, stainless steel and alloy steel pipes with a greater tendency to harden. The undercut depth of the weld of other materials should be greater than 0.5mm, the continuous undercut length should not be greater than 100mm, and the total undercut length on both sides of the weld should not be greater than 10% of the full length of the weld.
(3) The weld surface shall not be lower than the pipe surface. The remaining height of the weld is not greater than 3mm (the maximum width of the back groove of the welded joint assembly).
(4) The misalignment of welded joints should not be greater than 10% of the wall thickness and not greater than 2mm.
Changsha Xiangjia Metal Materical Co., Ltd. the Steel Pipe Division of ADTO GROUP, is one of the leading manufacturers of steel products in China. We specializes in manufacturing all kinds of steel pipe in various grades and sizes. Years of production experience and manufacturing facilities who have a capacity of 200,000 tons per annual will ensure the good quality and competitive duration of our products.